le cupcake quotidien

le cupcake quotidien
photo Wanda Kujacz

dimanche 5 février 2012

Almost Giotta’s cake


I have many nice memories related to this cake, my friend Giotta gave me the recipe some years ago, I hope she doesn’t mind if I changed it a little bit! Every time with this tarte au chocolat I had a lot of success, everybody just loved it. It’s a cake that I adapted to demands of vegan customers.. very easy to make substitutions without changing the final taste. See the note for vegan directions.

First of all you need this kind of pan, grease it with butter and dust it with flour.


Preheat oven to 160°C. Melt 100g chocolate and 100g butter. Mix it with 100g caster sugar, add 3 eggs, 100g flour and 1tsp baking powder. Mix very well. Spread this batter in the pan and put it in the oven for 15 minutes. Let it cool before the demoulage.

The cream: heat 25cl crème fleurette and pour it on 200g chocolate and 30g butter. Mix gently by hand. Pour the cream on the upside-down cake. Put in the fridge for 1 hour, then keep it out of the fridge or it will lose his flavor

Vegan note: instead of 3 eggs 100g tofu soyeux, instead of butter margarine, soy cream instead of the crème fleurette.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire