le cupcake quotidien

le cupcake quotidien
photo Wanda Kujacz

jeudi 16 février 2012

Toscana’s castagnaccio


Tuscany is my favorite region in Italy, there is everything there.. good food, fine wine, history, art.. and a perfect countryside that you have to discover hanging around with your cabriolet car stopping just to a have a glass of chianti.. and a slice of castagnaccio!

This is not a cake for everybody. It’s not sweet, not fat, taste healthy. Actually it is healthy, chestnut flour is very good for your body! I have to admit that for many years I avoided castagnaccio, but now I found a recipe that I like and I started to eat it, of course also some of my customers like it.. the ones who love carrot cake!

raisin
How to do it like a perfect Femme de Toscane: mix 500g organic chestnut flour, 125g milk, 550g water, 70g rum, 30g olive oil with macerated rosemary inside (one night is better), a pinch of salt. After add: 40g raisin and 40g pine nuts. Put in greased pans (2 squared pans of 22cm side) spread some rosemary oil on the top and put in preheated oven (180°C) for 35 minutes


Ah ah brownie pan works also for castagnaccio!
Vegan note: just replace milk with soy milk and it will be perfect, but don’t tell it in Tuscany!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire